Monday, May 26, 2008

I joined!

I just joined Weight Watchers on line! This thinking that I will 'cut back' is foolish! I know myself better than that! I HAVE to have boundaries....a checklist! And I love the on line system with the flex plan that allows me to put it all in the computer and it counts it for me!

Then I went to the Christian Women On-Line site thanks to my new friend These Three Kings. I found several wonderful little articles by Darlene Schacht. One of them that I read was to develop a plan. So I have stayed up tonight after my house has gone to bed so that I can do just that! So what is my plan???? Here it is!

Final Goals
1. Lose 110 pounds to get to goal weight of 150 pounds
2. have more energy
3. get off high blood pressure medicine (always had LOW blood pressure, even when I am pregnant, but this week started taking med for high blood pressure, yuck!)
4. hit 160 pounds by Mother's Day 2008
5. be healthy
6. teach my kids to be healthy

What I hope to gain by reaching these goals:
1. have God on the throan of my heart alone - NOT sharing it with food
2. gain confidence with "skinny women"
3. have energy to do all God has called me to be
There are a couple of others, but a little too personal to post to the world! :)

The Cost:
1. Stick to my points - NO CHEATING!
2. Learn to be satisfied with grapes instead of cookies!
3. Give up immediate satisfaction for perseverance and walking in obedience to God
4. hearing kids complain about the meals
5. cleaning out all the junk in our pantry
6. drink more water
7. get up at 5 to make sure I have plenty of time to exercise
8. time to log in my points

So that is my game plan! I wrote in my journal: The beggining of the END - I declare war on my weight, on my addiction to food - I am melting this golden calf once and for all!

What makes this time different than the TEN THOUSAND times before I have declared this? God! I am more intimate with God now than ever before...and food is standing in my way of greater intimacy. For me food is an idol, it holds a place only God should hold. It is an addiction, a quick hit so to speak when I am down, tired, bored or discouraged. I feel intitled to that little pleasure. But the truth is that all those things that lead me to turn to food instead of God during those times are lies. Food can't sustain me, but God can! Food can't bring joy, but God can! I want to go deeper with God, but I hear him saying over and over, get food out of the way then, my dear daughter! So I am going to get food out of the way so I can walk closer with my Savior! He is worth it! And He will walk with me through this journey and I can do ALL things through Him who gives me strength......even lose 110 pounds!

I think I'll go buy a two piece swimming suit to hang in my closet for next year.......I'm sure I'll be ready to wear it then :) - a modest one of course! lol!

2 comments:

These Three Kings said...

I love you! and I love you plan!! I think I wil start my own and get back wit you. hold me on that
man!! you have me so excited!!!

praying for you

Mandy said...

Well said! It really is very exciting! So important to set goals... Hey, I seriously do have a modest 2 piece hanging in my bathroom! :)