Monday, August 18, 2008

Good bye 250!!!!!

Wow! I can't believe it has been a month since I have posted! If I still have any readers, I am happy to announce I am now below 250!!!!!! I weighted 249.5 this morning! I have officially lost 10.5 pounds! I am so excited....not just about the weight loss, but about my change in attiutude toward food. I don't rally have to "think" about not eating. I eat when I am hungry and don't when I am not. Even when it is time to eat, I don't eat if I am not hungry. I know this is because I am getting closer and closer to God! Food is not appealing because I know it has nothing to offer me except nutrition...so this even changes the choices I make in food! It is really amazing! I would love to take credit, but I can't because I have tried so many times before and failed! But now, it is just natural....so that means it has to be God!

I am praying about doing the Daniel fast! I have friends who have done it and said it was life changing. I need to do some more research and see what it entails, and how much I would have to modify for my kids. Has anyone done it with their young kids??? I am wondering if they could do it with me and what kind of impact it would have on them....

I actually did try to post while I was in Liberia, West Africa, but the internet was slow and I lost my LONG post! I lost 2 pounds while there because I was so busy working I literally did not eat! I only ate breakfast and lunch a couple of the 11 days I was gone! I didn't lose weight because the food wasn't good....we have awesome restaraunts that we eat at....in fact the first time I went, I gained weight! That just shouldn't happen when you travel to Africa!

Just 49.5 lbs until I can say good bye to 200!! I can't wait!!!!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is awesome! Congrats. I have been researching a juice fast/detox that my cousin did. She gained a lot of energy and lost a lot of weight. I don't know much about the Daniel fast. I will look into it too. Thanks!

Mandy said...

The Daniel fast sounds wonderful. I have been teaching my children about health, exercise and nutrition as well as studying scripture. But, I haven't really given them the connection...teaching them that foregoing the unhealthy stuff is form of worship and how to grow in their relationship. This is definitely safe for young kids using soy products and beans for plenty of protein and you get plenty of good carbs in fruits and veggies. Especially if whole grains are okay on the fast.

HollyAnn said...

Thanks, Mandy! I am giving this some more prayer, but I think we will try it soon! I am trying to get ALL of my life in order! The papers piled on my desk don't say that, but I really am trying! I have to! God doesn't want me running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and I think the Daniel fast would be a great way to get focused! If you decide to do it, let me know!!!! And I will do the same!